5 Tips to Prepare for Senior Prom
In less than a month, East High will be holding its prom! Prom, like many high schools I know of, is attended by both seniors and juniors. After last year’s prom, I’m even more excited this year simply because it’s my senior prom. Junior prom was a blast for me, but there seems to be something special about senior prom.
Just making sure you have all the little things figured out will make your actual prom day so much easier.
1. Dresses. By now, it would be a good idea to have a dress or start looking soon! Many specialty dress shops will write down a dress when it is purchased so that another student from the same school will not have yours.
2. Dinner. Getting dinner plans and before/after prom plans in order is probably a good idea, too. When you decide on a restaurant, and if you have a relatively big group (I have a group of 25!), ask the restaurant if they have a party room for free, or how much the room would be to rent and decide if everyone in the group is willing to chip in.
3. Transportation. If it’s already too late to rent a limo, car pool! That way no one has to drive alone!
4. Beauty. Girls, remember to get jewelry and make hair and nail appointments! Go with a few friends early in the day to get your nails done together.
5. Flowers. Guys, don’t forget corsages if you have a date.
There are so many things to remember when prom rolls around, but in the end, having a blast before, during, and after prom will be worth all the hassle.