Best New iPhone Education App: Mathemagics
Have you ever wanted the ability to multiply at lightning fast speed like Dustin Hoffman in Rainman? Mathemagics allows you to do just that. You can practice and learn mental math calculation with this fun and engaging iPhone application, listed as one of the bestselling apps in the education category. Students can baffle their math teachers providing answers in record time, and teachers can inspire their students as they pull answers to math problems out of thin air.
Blue Lightning Labs created this popular iPhone application for learning to mentally calculate math problems at phenomenal speeds. Mathemagics contains 20 different math tricks for multiplying, dividing and squaring numbers faster than most people can use their calculator. Some of the many math tricks you can learn are:
- Square numbers that end in 5, two-digit numbers, or those in the 50s
- Multiply by 4, 5, 9, 11, 25, 99
- Divide by 5
- Double and Halve numbers
- Sum the first n even or odd numbers
Some of the other surprising benefits of Mathemagics include:
- Prepare for the math section of standardized tests like the SAT, ACT and GRE
- Training for math competitions, like UIL Mathematics
- Prime your brain to think more efficiently
- Learn how to breakdown problems into manageable pieces
The newest version of Mathemagics can also save previously asked math problems. Blue Lightning is currently working on another major update that will include new features like game play mode and many more tricks.
I was amazed at how fast I could pick up the shortcuts to make seemingly impossible math problems simple! At a very low price it’s a must-have application. As of this posting, the regular price was $2.99 and it was on sale for $.99.
I highly recommend this app.
Check-out Mathemagics for the iPhone.