BP Interns Earn $5500 a Month
Unpaid internships seem like a necessary hurdle on the road to employment, but there are a few internship positions that have generous stipends. Here are the 12 companies that pay interns the most.
1. IBM pays interns $18.00 per hour.
2. Accenture, the global consulting management firm, pays its interns $21.00.
3. Ernst & Young pays interns $22.00 an hour. Plus, the Academy Awards are one of their clients.
4. The two pharmaceutical companies, Merck and Schering-Plough, offer $22.20 per hour to interns.
5. PricewaterhouseCoopers, the accounting firm, pays $23.75 per hour to their interns.
6. At KPMG, another accounting firm, interns earn $24.80.
7. Deloitte & Touche pays interns $24.50, plus was voted the No. 1 place to intern by BusinessWeek in 2009.
8. Procter & Gamble compensates interns $26.00 hourly.
9. Interns at Goldman Sachs earn $29.00 an hour.
10. JPMorgan Chase interns earn an average of $12,385, but hourly wages were not published.
11. Interning at USB earns you $30.00 per hour.
12. Some may find the best paid internship morally troubling: electric engineering interns at BP earn up to $5,500. Interns in other departments at BP earn $23.00 to $26.00 per hour.
Via The Huffington Post
The Best Summer Internships
Most Unusual College Internships
The Difference Between an Externship and an Internship