Five Winter Fashion Essentials
It’s officially winter. Well, almost and I keep dreaming about hot chocolate with little marshmallows.
My favorite winter coat is a big, fluffy white one that I call my marshmallow coat. Although it is very warm, it is not very stylish. So, this past weekend, I headed to the mall with a mission: Find a fashionable way to stay warm this winter on campus.
Even though, many of us hide out in bulky and drab sweaters and jeans all winter long, a few winter college fashion essentials go a long way in giving a boost to your look and your spirits this winter.
Here are some of the most stylish ways I found that really add some color and fun to your winter wardrobe.
1. Fur trim on jackets. Most coats that I saw had a little fur trim around the hood. I tried a few on and the hood kept my ears and face nice and toasty. My favorites are dark colors with lighter fur, but that’s just my opinion.
2. Plaid and tartan. These patterns are very popular this year. I’ve seen them on shoes, skirts, sweaters, and everything in between. The classic is also having a small makeover with bright colors such as pink, blue, and green.
3. Long scarves. Scarves are fashionable all year long, but this winter, opt for a long, jersey one. These are very popular and come in a variety of colors. Pick a brilliant color to brighten up a dreary winter day.
4. Head gear. Headbands and slouchy hats are very popular again this year. You can use these to hide a bad hair day or to compliment a cute new outfit. Either way, you’ll look uber-stylish!
5. Metallic accessories. Pick your favorite metallic color, and accessorize accordingly. Just stick with one color so that you don’t overdo it and look like the Tin Man. Try an oversized necklace or a studded belt.
The winter is just starting but you can kick it off with a bang. Don’t try to wear all of these fashion trends at once, but at least try one. Who knew looking like a snowball wasn’t an essential part of winter clothing?