Forbes Ranks the Top U.S. Colleges from the Students' Perspective
The results are in, and Williams College has been ranked the number one college in America by Forbes. Each ranking system uses different criteria to determine the top colleges, and Forbes attempts to rank the best schools from the student’s point of view. “Students have varying tastes, preferences, academic abilities and financial situations, so the ‘best’ school for each student depends not only on overall quality as measured by rankings such as this one, but other considerations specific to individual students,” they explain.
Here is what Forbes consider the most important criteria:
- Do students enjoy their classes and overall academic experience?
- Do graduates succeed well in their occupations after college?
- Do most students graduate in a timely fashion, typically four years?
- Do students incur massive debts while in schools?
- Do students succeed in distinguishing themselves academically?
Here are the top ten results:
1. Williams College
2. Princeton University
3. Amherst College
4. United States Military Academy (West Point)
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
6. Stanford University
7. Swarthmore College
8. Harvard University
9. Claremont McKenna College
10. Yale University
Top Green Colleges and Universities in America
12 Liberal Arts Colleges that Are Worth the Tuition
U.S. Ranks 12th in Higher Eduction