Free Entertainment Benefits of the Public Library
This summer, everyone is pinching their pennies. If you find that’s you, and you’re running out of ideas and money, then head down to the public library. You might be surprised, but they aren’t just for studying. In fact, during the summer while school is out, the library can actually be a quite refuge. Here are a few ways you can benefit from the often free services available at your local library.
- Free Movies. Most libraries allow you to check out fairly new DVDs to watch at home. Their late fees are cheaper than the video store if you hold on to them for too long.
- Magazines. You can’t always check out magazines, but the latest gossip rags, news magazines and every other genre is available in the periodicals section for your reading pleasure.
- Kids Activities. If you’ve run out of money and ideas to keep the kids occupied, send them to the library. Find the activity schedule for book clubs, storytimes and more.
- Free Internet. If you aren’t a die-hard Internet user, then you can surf the Web for free at the library.
- Get a Job. While the library might not be hiring, they do have services available to help you find a job.
- Arts & Crafts. In addition to telling stories, libraries often have kid-friendly craft events.
The list might surprise you but it goes on and on. Check your local library’s calendar of events to find things for yourself, your kids or activities as a family. Whether you’re all enjoying a good book, attending a movie night, or sending emails, don’t forget to include the library in your summer plans (and budget!).