Genius Celebrities of MENSA and the Ivy League
It may come as a surprise, but some actors are more than just a pretty face. In fact, some are down right brilliant. And not because they made some wise script choices. While only a small subset of the Hollywood community, these celebrities have off-the-charts intelligence, as members of the Ivy League, MENSA and high IQs.
- Geena Davis. Member of MENSA and IQ of 140. Plays a number of intruments and speaks fluent Swedish. Attended Boston University to study drama.
- Natalie Portman. Young, beautiful, talented and smart. With a high school 4.0, bachelor’s from Harvard, grad school at Hebrew University and the ability to speak four languages fluently, she’s quite the catch.
- Kate Beckinsale. This rom-com sweetheart attended Oxford University to study literature, French and Russian. She speaks those, and German, fluently.
- Jodie Foster. After graduating top of her class at the prestigious Lycee Francais de Los Angeles, she went on to study literature at Yale and graduate magna cum laude. She speaks French fluently as well.
- Sharon Stone. This flashy star is also a member of MENSA with an IQ of 154. At age 15 she was enrolled at the Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.
- Alicia Keys. This musical protege finished high school while the rest of us were getting our driver’s licenses. Then passed on a Columbia scholarship to pursue the career she’s now known for.
- Shakira. Better known for her voracious hips, this Columbian songstress also impresses with her 140 IQ.
- James Wood. He might play an attorney on television, but he could very well be one in the real world. He’s a member of MENSA with an impressive IQ of 180, no doubt helping him earn a 1580 on the SAT and major in poli-sci at the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MII).
- Quentin Tarantino. The genius of his movies might be up for discussion, but as a MENSA member and IQ of 160, his brilliance is not.
- Former President Bill Clinton. There is something to be said about the leader of the free world being a little smarter than the average Joe. Clinton graduated from Georgetown and then went to Oxford University as a Rhodes Scholar. He then earned a law degree from Yale. All with an IQ of 137.
- Former President George W. Bush. And to that point, it’s fair to say that the Republicans put a smart one in the White House, too. George W. Bush might have graduated Yale as a C student, but his IQ is a solid 125.