Top 10 Summer Internships
Me being the delightful optimist that I am, I decided to give you a list of what I consider to be the top 10 summer internships of 2009. I am optimistic in the belief these positions are still up for grabs, and that you can and will get them. There is no rhyme or reason to the list, other than they would be an excellent opportunity for anyone fortunate enough to have them. These positions are in several different industries, and encompass both the goods and services industries.
The top 10 summer internships are as follows:
1. Wieden+Kennedy – Art Direction/ Copywriting. Creativity is a funny thing. When creative people get together, what else can you expect? This advertising agency is know for just that, and would be an amazing place for an aspiring advertiser to find them.
2. Apple – Learner. Apple is a company that has been growing by leaps and bounds, all the while remaining on the cutting edge of marketing and technological genius. Get in the front doors and soak up the experience much like a sponge.
3. The New York Yankees – Marketing/ Sales. The New York Yankees ball club is the quintessential marketing machine in baseball. They have a huge budget, which doesn’t limit media types, and you get to watch baseball all summer long. What could be better?
4. Lockheed Martin – Engineering. If you have always wanted to build complex things with some of the best in the business, Lockheed Martin is the place for you. Their experience in the industry makes them the prime candidate to learn and grow as an engineer.
5. BP America – Petroleum/ Chemical Engineering. Just because BP America isn’t Exxon or Shell doesn’t mean they don’t have a lot to teach you. Their innovations in the oil and gas industry are leading the way for the development of new technologies.
6. Nike – Design. Let’s face it; Nike has been on the forefront of athletic apparel for a long time. They have a recipe for success on their hands, but they need fresh ideas from fresh individuals. In case you missed the invite that means you.
7. Procter & Gamble – Anything. Procter & Gamble is one of the companies in the world that specializes in almost everything. Through their subsidiaries, they make products in almost every category of the consumer goods market. Having an internship from a prestigious company like this one will strengthen your resume in a great way.
8. Verizon Communications – Telecommunications/ Marketing. Verizon is a rapidly growing telecommunications company that has a need for young ingenuity. They are a respected company with a lot to offer an intern, like a post-internship job.
9. Walt Disney – Hospitality. Walt Disney is one of the best companies in the hospitality industry. They are known for high quality service and their dedication to the creation of memories. If you want to work in this industry, working at Disney would be an excellent experience.
10. PricewaterhouseCoopers – Accounting. This financial services agent is one of the best, if not the best in America. Their internship program is top notch, with almost 3,000 internship positions given each year. If you are a financial guru, take a trip to PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Now, check out the BusinessWeek 50 Best Internships.