Top International Spring Break Destinations
It’s finally here! An entire week off from school and it’s time to travel and explore!
If you have a passport, Spring Break is a wonderful time to put it to good use. Many students travel within the country during Spring Break, but if you are adventurous enough, this is a great time to grab some friends and see the world.
Here are the top five international Spring Break destinations for high school and college students.
1. Cancun, Mexico. Let’s be honest. When someone says Spring Break, Cancun is the first place many people think of for students to travel to. This Mexican beach spot has sun, sand, ocean, and plenty of bars and clubs for a great nightlife. Last year, around 30,000 students traveled to Cancun for Spring Break. Also, there are plenty of companies that cater to students who want to go to Cancun for Spring Break. These companies make it as affordable as possible. This is a great destination if you want to party all night, get your tan on, and not pay too much money.
2. Montego Bay, Jamaica: Montego Bay has sparkling clear Caribbean waters. The temperature is always in the high 70s to low 80s, making it perfect for cold college students who want to warm up on a beach. Jamaica is quickly becoming a popular Spring Break destination for students. The Jamaican people are very friendly and the resorts are gorgeous. This is a great place if you want to relax and enjoy the islands on Spring Break.
3. Paris, France: Paris is a great choice if you love European culture, history, and fashion. Paris is the home of the Musée du Louvre, and very close to the Palace of Versailles, a beautiful historical site. It is also very easy to travel around Europe form Paris. Go to Paris if you want to explore European culture and history, eat croissants, and shop to your heart’s content.
4. Nassau, Bahamas: The Bahamas are a great place to go if you want a tropical Spring Break. They are located pretty close to Florida, so depending on where you live, this might not be a bad flight at all. In Nassau, there are plenty of fun clubs and casinos to visit. The beaches and oceans are also beautiful, and it is not at all uncommon to see wild dolphins frolicking near the coast. Like Cancun and Montego Bay, you should go to Nassau if you want to party, lay in the sand, and play in the ocean.
5. Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Punta Cana is a newcomer to the list of top Spring Break destinations. Punta Cana is often referred to as the “best kept secret in the Caribbean.” You should check this place out if you want a relaxing time on the beach with your friends. Water sports such as jet skiing and water skiing are also popular here. The night life is also lively in Punta Cana, with many clubs that feature disco balls and luaus. Go to Punta Cana if you want to enjoy the Caribbean, but don’t want to deal with the crowds of typical Spring Break destinations.
You can also read about the top Spring Break destinations in the U.S. for students.